Monday, February 12, 2018

Book Review: Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen

Brooklynaire
by Sarina Bowen
Release Date: February 12, 2018
Source: Author
A sexy new standalone from USA Today bestseller Sarina Bowen.

You’d think a billion dollars, a professional hockey team and a six-bedroom mansion on the Promenade would satisfy a guy. You’d be wrong.

For seven years Rebecca has brightened my office with her wit and her smile. She manages both my hockey team and my sanity. I don’t know when I started waking in the night, craving her. All I know is that one whiff of her perfume ruins my concentration. And her laugh makes me hard.

When Rebecca gets hurt, I step in to help. It’s what friends do. But what friends don’t do is rip off each others’ clothes for a single, wild night together.

Now she’s avoiding me. She says we’re too different, and it can never happen again. So why can’t we keep our hands off each other?
 



Sarina Bowen is easily one of my favorite romance authors. I absolutely loved the Brooklyn Bruisers series and was devastated when I saw Berkley wasn't going to publish any more in that series. I have been dying to read Nate and Becca's story since book one, so I was so excited to finally have them in my hands! 

For seven years Nate and Becca have worked together. Becca knows what Nate wants, sometimes before he even knows he wants it. She's the perfect personal assistant and does an amazing job managing Nate's hockey team. When Becca bangs her head and has to recover from a concussion, Nate opens his home to her as a place of peace and quiet. The more time Becca spends around Nate, the more she starts feeling things for her boss that she hasn't felt in a long time. Nate has tried to tamp down his feelings for Becca, but when one night changes everything, he isn't so sure he can ignore his feelings anymore. 

Brooklynaire was everything I wanted and more out of Nate and Becca's story. From the beginning, I loved how natural they were with each other and how they got along so well as friends. It was so cute watching them really feel things for each other while trying to ignore them because of their boss/employee relationship. Nate was as adorable as ever and his AI in his house was a character in itself and I loved him! 

The pacing of this romance was so perfect and it had me swooning over this relationship. There was so much hesitation on Becca's side and I just wanted to shake her and tell her to run into Nate's arms. It was hard watching Becca feel so helpless after falling and it was cute watching Nate really try to take care of her. Their relationship was just PERFECT and, of course, I loved all of the hockey that they bonded over. We still got our beloved Brooklyn Bruisers and the women from the previous books, so it was like seeing old friends again while reading this book. 

Even if you haven't read the rest of this series, you HAVE to read this book! It was the perfect friends-to-lovers, office romance, AND sports romance. Seriously, this book could not have been more perfect. Nate and Becca are my favorite couple ever and I never wanted to put this book down!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...