Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (197)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 

Every Last Word
By Tamara Ireland Stone
Release Date: June 16, 2015
Summary: If you could read my mind, you wouldn't be smiling.

Samantha McAllister looks just like the rest of the popular girls in her junior class. But hidden beneath the straightened hair and expertly applied makeup is a secret that her friends would never understand: Sam has Purely-Obsessional OCD and is consumed by a stream of dark thoughts and worries that she can't turn off. 

Second-guessing every move, thought, and word makes daily life a struggle, and it doesn't help that her lifelong friends will turn toxic at the first sign of a wrong outfit, wrong lunch, or wrong crush. Yet Sam knows she'd be truly crazy to leave the protection of the most popular girls in school. So when Sam meets Caroline, she has to keep her new friend with a refreshing sense of humor and no style a secret, right up there with Sam's weekly visits to her psychiatrist.

Caroline introduces Sam to Poet's Corner, a hidden room and a tight-knit group of misfits who have been ignored by the school at large. Sam is drawn to them immediately, especially a guitar-playing guy with a talent for verse, and starts to discover a whole new side of herself. Slowly, she begins to feel more "normal" than she ever has as part of the popular crowd . . . until she finds a new reason to question her sanity and all she holds dear.


------------------------------

Ahhhh Tamara Ireland Stone has a new book coming out! I loved Time Between Us and am beyond excited to see what else she comes up with in this book. I am so intrigued by the idea that the main character seems perfect on the outside but is dealing with OCD and keeping a new friend a secret because she doesn't fit her "image." And Poet's Corner sounds awesome! Wow, I cannot wait to meet all of these characters! 

9 comments:

  1. I love how Simpson the bcover looks and unique the plot is.
    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds really cool, I think it would be good to read for all

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of Tamara Ireland Stone's books but I've heard lots of positive things about them :) I'm not sure if Every Last Word is my type of read but it sounds pretty good. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing this book a lot today! It definitely does sound like it will be an interesting read. :) Great pick! And nice blog also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely looking froward to reading this! It's the OCD twist that intrigues me since I have a bit of it myself. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read anything by this author yet but I hear great things! This book sounds awesome and I definitely want to read it, too!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Seeing a LOT of this one today! Hope you love it as well!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice. I am looking forward to this one as well. I loved Stone's Time Between Us.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this on my tbr and I can't wait to read it. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...