Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Blogging Confessions


This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Blogging Confessions

1. I fall asleep reading almost every night. I always tell myself that I will be able to stay up and read 100 pages at night and end up reading about 10 pages before falling asleep. I'll wake up around 1 am with my lamp still on, so I put my book on my bookshelf, turn off my lamp, and then fall back asleep. I could get so much more reading done if I didn't fall asleep, but I just can't help it!

2. I own way too many books. This is probably the problem of every book blogger, but even though I get books for free, I still can't help buying them whenever I can. According to my books-I-own shelf on Goodreads, I have 939 books. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I definitely need to get reading if I have any chance of reading all of my books!

3. I'm a cover snob. If a book doesn't have a pretty cover, I'll be very hesitant to read it. If the cover is striking and I absolutely love it, I'll probably read it right away. I can't help it, I love my covers!

4. I am very possessive of my books. I become paranoid even if my own sister borrows a book of mine because I'm afraid I won't get it back in perfect condition. I like my books nice and perfect. 

5. I'm obsessed with Half Price Books. I hate buying books full price now and rarely spend ever $5 on a new book. 

6. I never read a popular author until they're already popular. I just have too many books that I've never been able to "discover" an author until after they're popular. I owned some John Green books for awhile but didn't get around to reading any of them until I read The Fault in Our Stars last year. I just like knowing an author is good before spending the time to read their book. 

7. In the past 3-4 years, I've branched out into so many genres other than YA. Now, I read YA, historical romance, contemporary romance, new adult, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance. I love the adult genre and always switch between YA and Adult. It's nice to mix things up so that I never get bored with what I'm reading. 

8. I absolutely love New Adult. I don't care if it is or is not its own genre, but I absolutely love books that take place during that time of a person's life. It may be because these books mostly take place in the early 20s, which is my age now, but they're always so good!

9. If I see the movie before reading the book, I most likely won't ever read the book. After seeing the movie, I already know what's going to happen, so that takes the element of surprise and suspense from the experience of reading a book for the first time. That's why I try my hardest to read books before seeing their movies. 

10. I totally judge people on what they read. I know I shouldn't, but I do. On the beach, I love seeing if people are reading books that I've read. If I see people reading a book I hated or someone tells me they absolutely loved a book I didn't like, then I definitely scoff at them in my head. I know people like what they like and it's never going to be the same as my taste, but I'm a book snob. Being so obsessed with books, how could I not be? 

11 comments:

  1. I am also possessive of my books, I know that I take care of them so I worry others won't! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2, me too! Very much so! #5, me too. Well, I do like discount books, but I do try and make sure the author gets a fair cut from it. I know too many authors on twitter to be careless about it.

    My confessions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm possessive of my books too and I hate borrowing books from people because I'm afraid I'll never end up giving them back! I think I do #9 too though I've never paid enough attention to realize that's what I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I'm such a cover snob, too! I get called out on it all the time, but here's my justification: buying a book is buying a piece of artwork. It decorates your home! So why buy a book that isn't pretty? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm possessive, too! Two weeks ago I loaned my sister a few books, and maybe I'm a terrible person, but I'm continuously wondering when she's going to give them back! LOL

    Great confessions! Our TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heehee! Kind of laughed at the last one! Totally possessive of my books too! Went to a Half Priced Books that opened not too long ago near me and was pretty impressed with what I saw. Although their organization skills when it comes to genres leaves a to be desired!

    I think I saw Charlaine's Southern Vampire Mysteries in the romance section and in a paranormal shelf! Don't think I double-checked the mystery shelf to see if it was in 3 spots!

    Here;s my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. +JMJ+

    #5 -- I love buying cheap books, too! Sometimes I wait for years for an interesting novel to be marked down enough for me to consider buying it. If I can get it used but still in good condition, so much the better!

    #9 -- Me, too! Even if I don't have immediate plans to read a book, I will not see the movie, no matter how good it may be. Even if I saw the future and knew for a fact that I'd read the book when I'm 99 years old, I still wouldn't see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also am picky about book covers. It's the first thing you see. Totally agree:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. #1 happens to me all the time I tend to listen to audiobooks in bed (its like having someone read you a bedtime story) and I have to set them on a timer otherwise I fall asleep and lose my place in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with a lot of these! I refer to Half-Price Books as a crack house for me...I always come out with a huge pile of books I don't really need. My book piles are taking over my house and I definitely have to figure out a way to weed them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely agree with a lot on this list, I can't say I love NA yet, because I've only read a few books in that genre, but what I've read I've LOVED. Jamie McGuire and Colleen Hoover mostly, definitely looking forward to more NA reads!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...