Saturday, April 5, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (95)


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers share what they got throughout the week!

From Half Price Books

I absolutely loved the first two books in Heidi Betts's Chicks With Sticks series, so when I saw the third book on the sale shelf at Half Price Books, I just couldn't resist! As a knitter, I loved books that involve knitting groups. The first two in this series were so cute, so I can't wait to see what this final book holds for me! 

From the library

My book club loved North and South so much that we decide to read another Elizabeth Gaskell novel for our next meeting. We chose Wives and Daughters, which is a pretty long read (650 pages), but we're totally ready to face the challenge!



That's it for me! What did you all add to your shelves this week? 

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read Wives and Daughters, but I loved the miniseries adaptation of it :)
    Happy reading and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Chicks with Sticks, but it sounds awesome! I'm going to check it out soon. Have you read Penny Reid's Knitting in the City series? It is hilarious and focuses on a knitting group. The first book is Neanderthal Seeks Human. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! Those are new to me but I hope you enjoy them!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New to me but Great haul! Enjoy your books

    OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the mini-series of Wives and Daughters but haven't read the book. Hope you enjoy it!

    Lauren's STS@The Hottie Harem

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read Wives and Daughters, I am interested to see what you think?
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...