Friday, April 11, 2014

Follow My Book Blog Friday (131)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

Question:  Tell us about a book you didn't like and why we shouldn't read it…nicely. 

Answer: One book I read recently that I wouldn't recommend is


After reading The Fault in Our Stars, I though this one would be just as lovable. Boy, was I wrong. You can read my review for the full explanation, but to keep it short, the main character was just too annoying. His sense of humor was crude and weird and I didn't get it at all. I had no emotional connection to any of the characters either, so I was not into reading the story and it ending up taking me forever to finish. I know people who have loved this book, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. 

6 comments:

  1. I definitely understand how it feels like to have high expectations over a book and then you end up getting disappointed instead :( I hope you find a good book next time! :)
    New GFC follower. :) Visit me?

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me. And it will be avoided. Mostly because I don't read contemps, but yeah, it's upsetting when you love an author but then one of their books just disappoints you so much. That is actually what my pick involved!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I generally don't like characters with really crude sense of humor either. Occasionally it can be done well but it's very difficult.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I think even the title of the book puts me off. I definitely don't want to read it now. That's upsetting.

    Love your blog!

    Great post! New GFC follower! :)
    Xo, - Cary.

    My FF Post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of that book, but the title is a little bit odd and not very appealing.

    Old follower,
    My F&F
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many good things about this one though! I'll bet it's a hit-or-miss....
    I'll be skeptical if I ever read it.
    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...