Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Book Review: Sharkopedia by Discovery Channel

Sharkopedia: The Complete Guide to Everything Shark
By Discovery Channel
Release Date: June 11, 2013
Source: Publishers
Summary: Meet the most incredible creatures in the sea! Sharkopedia takes you inside the exciting world of sharks. From Discovery Channel, the people who bring you Shark Week every summer, learn everything there is to know about these awesome predators. The book includes more than 400 photos of sharks and all 498 known species of sharks.

Which shark has been clocked swimming 55 miles per hour?
What feeding habits give tiger sharks their nickname "garbage guts"?
Which shark has 25 rows of super-sharp teeth in its mouth?
And more!

Review: I know I never review non-fiction books. Ever. But when I had the opportunity to review a book that was described as the complete guide to everything shark, I knew I had to get my hands on a copy. 

With more than 400 photos, Sharkopedia shares everything there is to know about sharks. The people of the Discover Channel bring the world of this giant beast alive with their guide to all 498 species of the shark. 

Did I ever mention that I love sharks? Well, I do. And Shark Week is one of the best weeks of the year. So being able to look at a book full of everything shark is pretty awesome. The pictures are so amazing and you really get up close and personal with the sharks. Every single page is filled with colorful pictures as well as new, interesting facts about the huge, scary creatures. 

Not only were the pictures amazing, but the facts were so interesting and fun to read. Some pages even have a "fin fact," which I think is clever and adds some fun to the animal. Every page brings something new and the layout and colors never, ever get boring. There are so many different types of sharks and you get to see each and every one of them in this book. 

If you're a fan of sharks, I'd definitely recommend picking up this book. It's one you can look at over and over again and never get bored. So while non-fiction really isn't my thing, sharks will always be an exception. Go out and get yourself a copy of Sharkopedia now and explore the incredible world of sharks. 


1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon. Visit Website Visit Website

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...