Thursday, October 20, 2011

Book Review: Flawless by Carrie Lofty

Summary: Sir William Christie, ruthless tycoon and notorious ladies’ man, is dead. Now his four grown children have gathered for the reading of his will. What lies in store for stepsiblings Vivienne, Alexander, and twins Gareth and Gwyneth? Stunning challenges that will test their fortitude across a royal empire . . . and lead them to the marvelously passionate adventures of their lives.
Lady Vivienne Bancroft fled England for New York, hoping to shed the confines of her arranged marriage to unrepentant rogue Miles Durham, Viscount Bancroft—though she never forgot the fiery desire he unleashed with his slightest touch. And when the gambling man arrives on her doorstep for a little sensual revenge for her desertion, he is met with Vivienne’s dilemma: She must earn her father’s inheritance by profitably running a diamond business worth millions in colonial South Africa. Swept together in an exotic undertaking filled with heated passion and hungry temptation, will Vivienne and Miles discover that the marriage vows they once made are the greatest snare—or the most treasured reward?
Review: I absolutely love historical romances and it has been wayyyyyy too long since I've read one. So I really enjoyed being able to escape into Flawless. I loved the time period and historical setting, how Vivian and Miles went to South Africa to work in the diamond business. I read on the back cover that Carrie Lofty received her Masters degree in History and I was really able to appreciate how she not only created a good romance, but also a story with such a rich historical context. So now that I've addressed the interesting background, let's get to the juicy stuff. Miles was the perfect man in this book to fall in love with. He was handsome, determined, and able to give a woman his whole heart. That, I'd say, is every girl's dream. Vivian was also a very likable heroine, coming from a troubled past and having to protect her heart while trying to remain strong on the outside. I really liked how Miles and Vivian were actually married, so we got to see how their relationship grew after they were already together. I wish the author spent more time on parts that were supposed to be climatic, like Miles's poker game and Vivian's encounter with the bad guy, while spending less time on other parts. Other than that, though, this was a nice romance to get lost in. Not to mention that the cover is absolutely gorgeous! So I recommend picking this book up if you're in the mood for a good historical romance.

2 comments:

  1. I love escaping into a good historical romance. Thank you for the recommendation and review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After read a couple of the articles on your website these few days, and I truly like your style of blogging. I tag it to my favorites internet site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my web site also and let me know what you think. Berita Bola Jadwal Bola Klasemen Liga Inggris

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...