Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (6)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 



The Pledge
By Kimberly Derting
Release Date: November 15th
Summary: In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she’s spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed. 

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can’t be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country’s only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.


Isn't the cover of this book so creepy? I love it! And then, reading the summary makes me want to read this book even more. Max sounds so intriguing and I know I'm going to love his story with Charlie. This reminds me of the Hunger Games, with liking someone you can't really trust and living in a world where you fear for your own life. That being said, it sounds amazing! When this book comes out, you can bet I'm going to read it! 

16 comments:

  1. This one sounds very intense...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved the body finder so i can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like The Body Finder, but this one looks good. I think I'll give Kimberly Derting another try. I like reading blogs' with author's named Jessica ;D There seems to be a lot of them. You blog is so cute, BTW.

    Jessica @ Books: A true story

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have an eGalley of this one! I can't wait to start it!!
    My Wow Post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! I just read this awhile back and it was pretty good!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very excited about this book too! It was my WoW pick a few weeks ago.:D I haven't read The Body Finder so I don't know much about this author's writing style, but I love the idea of The Pledge! Sounds very interesting and refreshing! And right up my ally, me being a philologist and all.:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my waiting on Wednesday!!
    I have heard great things about this book!! It seems like everyone wants it :)

    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting on my WoW. Because now I can add this read to my ever growing TBR pile. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book does sound amazing! I'm definitely going to have to add that to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does sound good, I'm adding it to my TBR. Thanks for the reco! And the cover is gorgeous!

    Liz @ Fictional Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heard so much about this book and it does look very good. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am a new follower! I love your background. Usually the ones with multiple little icons can give me a headache cause they look so hectic but yours is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited for this book. I wish it was out right now. It would definitely fly up to the top on my tbr list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the cover, sounds good. Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to read this! I love Kimberly Derting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this one before... but wow, it sounds really good! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by Lost in Literature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your site is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this blog. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched everywhere and simply couldn’t come across. What a great web site.Register Website

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...