Friday, July 22, 2011

Book Review: Ecstatic Evil by Amanda McNeil

Summary: Tova Gallagher isn't completely human. She's a half-demon and halvies have a tough job in the world. She must decide whether to join good human side or the evil demon side of herself. With the deadline looming close ahead, Tova has no idea which side to choose but a certain enticing stranger she meets one night might hold all of her answers. 


Review: When I started this novella, I wasn't sure I was going to like it that much because I didn't really care for the main character, Tova. But after a couple of pages, i started to like her attitude and feminist way of thinking. She didn't care what other people thought, especially since she was a half-demon. I liked how there were a wide range of paranormal beings in this story, but I think it should have been said in the beginning which paranormal creatures lived instead of being surprised when more and more creatures popped up. What I really like though was Tova's relationship with Greg. It may have started out really weird, but it was so sweet and when the story ended, I wanted to read more about them. Greg really cared for Tova and even though they hadn't known each other long, they acted like they've been dating for years. They may have been from the paranormal side of life with battles between good vs evil creatures, but they were so sweet to each other and forgot about the bad things in their lives when they were together. The story was good for being a novella, but I think there could have been more to the end. Other than that I really enjoyed the story and the sweet, paranormal romance.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...