Sunday, June 12, 2011

In My Mailbox (1)


In My Mailbox is a meme that I picked up from The Story Siren's blog. It's where we share the new books that we've gotten for that week with our readers. These books could be from the library, the store, or from the writers/publishers for review. Whatever the reason, I will share my new books every Sunday! 

From the Library 


I belong to the website Goodreads and I love looking at their listopias, which are lists that will put books into certain categories, like Best Book of 2011. All of these books I recently got from the library were in lists about thier covers and how great they were. Now looking at these, they look like they would be REALLY good books (if you're one to actually judge a book by its cover). So I reserved them and really really hope that they do end up being as good as their covers look! 

Saved From Selling 


Now these books are probably the total opposite when it comes to content, but they do have one thing in common: my mom was going to get rid of them. I know! How could someone even think about getting rid of their books? She just had a bag sitting at the top of the steps full of books she was going to give to her work book sale. So, when she wasn't around, I dug through it and pulled out these two books. I don't know all of the drama revolving around the credibility of Three Cups Of Tea, but it sounded interesting to me. And I love romance, so of course I picked up Tempting the Highlander. Let's just hope my mom doesn't notice these are missing! 

From the Author 


I got this book in pdf form from Bonnie Lamer because I had read the first chapter of her newest book and really liked it! She only writes ebooks and since I don't have an ereader (yet), I didn't know how I would get to read one of her books! I emailed her asking if I could review one for her and she emailed back the next day with the pdf of this book! I was so excited and even though I have to read it on my computer, I can't wait to see how it is! I will definitely be posting a review when I read it!




20 comments:

  1. I love the lists on Goodreads! What a great way to build your tbr. I'm also a fan of a pretty cover too! :) The books all look great! I've read a couple and they were fabulous!

    My IMM:
    The Delusional Diaries
    I'm a new follower too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Academy 7 was a great book. It got me interested in YA Science Fiction and Anne Osterland is nice. I'm curious as to what you think of Magic Under Glass...I've heard a ton about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad you guys like these books! I can't wait to read them! And as soon as I do, I'll post a review on here, so check back if you want to know how they went!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought The Secret Year right after getting my Barnes and Noble membership. Still on my shelf waiting to be read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These seem like some great reads! Thanks for sharing. I'd love if you'd check out my IMM too :)

    Btw, I'm loving the blog. I'm not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to check out The Secret Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love getting books from the library. I know i should use it more often than I do. Your book haul is impressive this week.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think that Ten Things We Did will be a fun read. I was lucky to get it at the book launch and seeing Sarah Mlynowski read was pretty cool. It may receive a quick move to the top of my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to check out Mercy!! It looks pretty good! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anti Drug Reads: Thanks!! I'm following you now too :)

    @Actin' Up with Books: Libraries are my life right now!! I need to find a summer job for some extra book-money, but right now, free books are my best friend :)

    @Baily: Doesn't it? All of the books I picked up look so good that I don't know what to read first!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have an amazing list of books this week. Cute blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books, Happy Reading!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been seeing the Academy 7 book around. I'll have to check it out. The Secret Year sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Thanks for stopping by my IMM! I love goodreads too. I really enjoyed Magic Under Glass!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have Mercy too, and I noticed the second one is out while I was out shopping the other day.
    Love your blog background by the way :)

    Happy reading
    Bungle
    MidnightReads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for stopping by IMM :D

    I also want to read Academy 7 and The Secret Year :D I hope you'll enjoy them, I will come back to check your reviews!

    Happy reading:D

    Lilie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you all liked those books!! Now I'm really excited to read them! If you left a link, I'll check yours out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol, awesome haul. Great saves on those two books. I can't believe you mom was going to get rid of Tempting The Highlander. I haven't read it but, 1 ) There's a highlander, and 2) there's tempting going on. How can it not be awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Magic under glass looks great, i hope you enjoy your reading this week and i look forward to hearing your thoughts,
    New follower,
    I have a YA book blog which i would love you to check out when you have a share moment
    http://sunniesarecool-reviewsbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...